Thursday, June 24, 2004

#4 Weekend Plans

Big weekend coming up!  The Royal Lipizzan Stallions will be at the Ulster County Fairgrounds Friday and Saturday evenings, Dutchess County Fairgrounds will have the craft fair Saturday and Sunday, Kingston will have live bands and fireworks at the Rondout Saturday evening (Independence Day early), and the Willow Creek Bluegrass Music Festival is all weekend down near Newburgh.  And tomorrow begins the first guaranteed three-day no-rain period since March.  I've been waiting since spring for three days without rain so I can spray the poison ivy, thistles, and sumacs.  

So - my planned schedule for the next three days:  Get up early tomorrow (Friday) and spray the weeds.  Wash hair.  See if I can persuade May to go to something with me.  Go see the Lipizzans (up until 5PM you can talk to them and maybe touch them, show is at 7PM, so ok, I'll take a book for the intervening two hours).  Saturday, Craft Fair early, then to Kingston Rondout for food, music, and fireworks.  Last time Jay and I went, we had to park almost a mile away on the divided highway, and since then, they have built all those townhouses on the Rondout parking lot, so I have to go really early if I want to park closer (ok, so I'll take a book...).  Sunday, Bluegrass.  Sunday's a little iffy - it's at Thomas Bull Memorial Park in Montgomery, and I haven't tried to pin that down on a map yet.  

The Women  in Black will be holding silent vigil from 10:30-11:30 AM Saturday in front of the bookstore in Red Hook.  One of the women in Mensa is a member, and she's always inviting me to stand with them.  I'd love to join them Saturday (would my burka be inappropriate?) but I don't think I can fit that into the schedule - unless I ashcan the bluegrass and do crafts Sunday --- ah, the difficulties of a full life!

No comments: