Sunday, July 11, 2004

#19 Jay Didn't Lie!

Had lunch with May and NJKC yesterday.  NJKC was going to a political fundraiser today, so the conversation got around to light political topics, and I mentioned the letter from the Republican National Committee that had arrived for Jay, that implied that he was a past member and donor, and my concern that he had misled me.  May said she got the exact same letter about the same time, and she knew for a fact that she had never been a member and had never donated.  ...And then it went off to other political fundraising topics.  I don't think May realized how powerfully her offhand comment affected me.  So Jay didn't lie.  The RNC did.  The (fill-in-your-favorite-epithet)s!  (But now I've got hurt feelings again.  If Jay got the letter, and May got the letter, howcum I didn't get the letter?  And I want to be called for jury duty, and almost everybody I know has been called within the past year or two, but I haven't.  I feel invisible!) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...howcum I didn't get the letter?"

Don't complain.  Think of it as your having saved a tree.  Or consider that you are perceived as such a wise woman "they" knew your influence couldn't be bought.  Or maybe someone saw the label and said, "Wait a minute. Kathie can see through this shit.  Don't waste a stamp on her."  Or maybe ... the "wheel of fortune" just hasn't dumped on you ... YET!

I like to think it's NICE ... "they're bothering someone else for a change."

BTW - 60 years and I have NEVER been asked for jury duty [and you don't hear me whining].