Sunday, March 6, 2005

#171 Flash! Egg Is Up

I stood an egg on the kitchen counter last night, on the first try, very easily, using one finger on the top of the egg - two full weeks before the equinox.  I wish I'd tried earlier.  It stood all night, then fell over when I slammed the cabinet door under it.  I've reset it twice since (I keep using that cabinet...).  It's one of those almost-round eggs, and it wasn't until after I'd set it that I discovered it was standing on the pointy end!  Amazing!

Either it's a really good egg, or I'm getting really good at this, or we're in for an amazing year - probably very interesting weather.

Next time it falls, I'll set it up on the laundry room bathroom counter, where it won't get bumped.

=================================

"They" say there's no rhyme for orange.  If the grass in my field turns orange, can I graze my cows on your range?

No comments: