Saturday, March 12, 2005

#174 This Week Is Lost!

I went to New Jersey to visit Daughter on Monday, and returned Tuesday in the most miserable traffic.  It would have been better had there been a blizzard - at least then there would have been fewer cars on the road.  But it was light flurries, an inch or two on the ground, and I swear I didn't get past 10 mph the whole way through NJ, cars packed all around me, many spun off in the ditch.  The 2.5 hour trip took more than 5 hours. 

There were a few inches of snow on the driveway when I got home, but I was able to bull through the plow-pile at the end, and make it up to the top, and it was supposed to be warmish Wednesday, so I haven't bothered to clear it.

Last night I was supposed to go to a fish dinner at a fire hall in LaGrange, and then to a meeting where someone was going to talk about this place - I can't remember what it's called, "Materials Exchange" I think, but they accept what would normally be manufacturing trash - like round wood blanks, scraps of carpeting, and so on, and artists and small businesses can go there and take whatever they can use - and I really wanted to go, because the place has moved and I don't know where it is now, but snow was predicted, so I didn't.  Sigh.

Instead, I went to the grocery store.  I brought a few bags of groceries in, and left the sliding door of the van open to get the rest, and got distracted.  By the time I remembered, the bay of the van had filled with about two inches of fresh snow.  Sigh.  Oh well, at least the frozen stuff was still frozen.  But so was the milk.  Bigger sigh.

I was supposed to go to a meeting this morning of Company retirees, they want to sue for restoration of benefits, to the level we all were promised when we retired, but with the overnight snow out there, I didn't want to get up to clear it so I could get out.  The meeting started at 10 am in Poughkeepsie, so I'd have to leave here by 9, so I'd have to start clearing the drive by 7 to allow time to clean me up afterward, so bleck, no way!  Of course, I could have parked the van at the end of the drive, then all I'd have to clear is the plow-pile, but I didn't think of that, so that shows you how dedicated I really am.  I suspect I was looking/hoping for an excuse not to go.  But I think I did want to go, just at a more convenient place and time, I guess.  But it's all still so depressing.  

The  Woodstock Goddess Festival is this evening and tomorrow.  On the one hand I'd like to go.  On the other hand, ...................... fill in the blank. 

I think I'll touch up my roots, pay some bills, wrestle with some paper piles, and eat some sugar.  I'll clear the driveway, tomorrow.  Maybe.  Maybe not.

===================================

One more thing - howcum it's very bad to show a panty line, but it's ok to expose bra straps?  I don't understand.

No comments: