Sunday, September 5, 2004

#40 Patrick's Saturday Six

Never heard of the Saturday Six?  Want to play?  Click here and look for the link to the latest version in Patrick's sidebar.

1. What's your favorite thing to do while indoors?  

If I didn't ever have to do anything else, I'd do some kind of needlework all the time.  I like seeing something take shape in my hands.  Unfortunately, I rarely find the time.


2. What's your favorite thing to do while outdoors?

Walking alone in the woods or along the river.  Or driving on roads I've never been on before.

3. Do you wear any jewelry regularly?  If so, what and where?

Back when I couldn't afford nice jewelry, I developed a taste for unusual but inexpensive jewelry.  If it can't be "good", it can at least be interesting.  I bought most of my things in import or resale stores, or yard sales.  So I've got a gazillion unique-looking necklaces that always garner compliments, and I have to almost force myself to wear them to justify their staying in my closet.   


4. You have the choice of spending time alone, with a few close friends, with many friends and aquaintances, or in a large crowd consisting of people you do and don't know.  Which one would make you the most comfortable?

Alone.  Or with one dear one.  If I have to be with more than one or two, then let it be a very large group.  I tend to listen more than I talk, and the more people there are, the more interesting things I'm likely to hear.


5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

I just counted.  Approximately 114, including bedroom slippers, and high heels from when I was working.  Some of them are 30 or more years old. My hoarding may have something to do with the fact that when I was young I didn't have more than two or three pairs of shoes at a time, and half of them were hand-me-downs from my Gramma, for Pete's Sake!   Yeah, it's on my To-Do list to sort and toss.  A lot of them hurt my feet, so they rarely get worn.  I wore one very old pair a while ago, and they literally disintegrated while I was walking through a museum.  I was asked to leave because bare feet were not allowed.


6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #21 from
Jeanno43 and Cherie:   If a fire or other circumstances forced you to leave your home with all of your loved ones and pets -- but only time to rescue one single item, what would you choose to take with you and why?

It's a tossup between the folder containing the receipts for all the rest of the crap, and my favorite photo of Jay. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Oh, goodie, I like to read -- books, papers, magazines. Then, when tired, I like to pick up knitting, crocheting, or even crewel embroidery. It isn't easy with three cats, but these are my favorite things.

2. Walking and swimming. I do plenty of walking, especially with my dog, Trenton. He has never been in the water -- someday I'll take him to the beach or find a lake. I'd love to see what he would do in the water!

3. I like silver best, and the types of jewelry I find at Renassance Faires in Celtic form I like best of all. Rings, bracelets, and chains with pendants. Not all at once, though; I like to wear just a little bit at a time.

4. I like being with 1 to three friends at once, no more. Sometimes four people are too much; it depends on the "crowd". I am alone so much, but I never make the choice to be with many people I don't know if I can help it. Sometimes it has to happen, but it is only to be nice to someone I love that I'll consent to that.

5. I'm at work and cannot count my shoes, but I don't have many that are "nice" shoes. Most of what I have are tennis shoes, ranging from casual with little support to good hiking shoes.

6. The scrapbooks with pictures of the kids. I used to be really concerned that I would have to make this choice, and what if I didn't get them all out...panic. I don't do that any more. The memories are there in my head, the pictures will always be there. When I am gone, not many people will even want to see my scrapbooks. Within one generation, they'll be tossed anyway.