Thursday, September 9, 2004

#46 I Like Nerds

I urge everyone who has ever known a nerd to read http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/  Click on "Related Disorders" on the left, then select "Kids Called Nerds: Challenge and Hope For Children With Mild Pervasive Developmental Disorders".

Nerds (the pocket-protector types) make the best lovers.  One-on-one, they tend to be funny, intelligent, honest, faithful, sensitive, thoughtful, considerate, and best of all, grateful.

Jay was a very sweet nerd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nerds (the pocket-protector and slide-rule types) make the best lovers.  One-on-one, they tend to be funny, intelligent, honest, faithful, sensitive, thoughtful, considerate, trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent, and best of all, grateful.

That's me!  ;-)

Anonymous said...

I have a new screen name...thanks to this system. It is easy to remember. My first name, plus "ca" from "cat", followed by "dog", then the "t" in "cat". It may seem difficult until you realize the cat swallowed the dog.

Genetically, I am a nerd, and evidently came from a long line of them. All of us are card-carrying nerds, were recognized as that from the first day of school, and carried it through all our lives. My kids, however, are not nerds; they have smarts and savvy that I've never gotten, and I don't know how they did it. Neither of them married nerds, either, a fact that is a bit sad for me; I would have liked someone else in the family to have understood me. I guess my sister, brother, and I are the last in a long line....

I cannot give myself all the nice qualities you listed, but I do agree with them. I do see them in others of the nerd persuasion....