Sunday, July 31, 2005

#306 I Found the Movie!

From entry #301: "Maybe 20 years ago, very late one night, I found a movie on TV.  Black and white, only two scenes in the whole movie, entirely in German (I don't speak German) with no subtitles.  I think the title translated as "The Bridge".  The most gripping thing I've ever seen.  It was about a home-defense squadron of children, lead by an old man, in the last days of W.W.II, charged with defending the bridge into the village from the advance of the American tanks.  I would dearly love to find it again." 

I found it!    It's "Die Bruecke", description at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000646UM/ref=wl_it_dp/104-2764900-8557545?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=ISKWOZBMLN0ZV&v=glance&colid=3EJBBGFSULMHZThe citizen reviewers have about the same opinion that I had.  Apparently there were a few more scenes than I remembered, but that's ok.  I suspect I wasn't paying much attention at the beginning.


I bought it.

Now I just have to buy a DVD player.

~~Silk

No comments: