Monday, October 4, 2004

#64 Dream Solved!

Well, that silly dream (Entry #63) had been bothering me for four days.  I learned a long time ago, during four years of psychotherapy, that the best way to figure out a problem is to write it out.  Get it down on paper (or "paper", in this case) and read it over and over.  It's sort of like  building a 3-dimensional impersonal construct of it on the table in front of you, and then you can look at it from all angles.  Usually things become immediately clear, especially after you have got all the words just right.  You must be careful not to "color" things to make them more acceptable.  When it's all absolutely clearly and truthfully stated, the answer jumps right out at you.  Works for making difficult decisions, too.   Of course, I keep forgetting this.  I have to rediscover it every so often.

After I hit SAVE (and then saved three more times for minor editing) it took me about 5 minutes to know exactly what's troubling me.   I'm not going to tell right now.  It's really quite clear, now that I see it.

I'll wait to see if anyone has a guess or two, and then I'll explain it.

(No, it has nothing to do with sex!) 

No comments: