Monday, October 11, 2004

#65 Dream solution...

        Read #63 before reading this!!

Got a note from Daughter, she gives up on the dream and wants to know!  I didn't mean to let it go so long, but I got busy (durn if I can remember on what...) and went to a weekend-long festival, and just didn't get back to it.  So here it is:  

Since losing Jay I have been rather lackadaisical about my own health. (Jay had been the most health-conscious person in the world, and look where it got him!)  The cat and I are both long overdue for appointments.  I'm actually getting letters from the HMO urging me to go for a mammogram, Pap, and checkup.  The vet thinks the cat died. 

My external reason for putting it off is that I'm "just too busy", or I "keep forgetting".  The dream told me the real reason.  

When I go for a checkup, they are going to want to draw blood.  They always do.  I have a LOT of trouble with that.  I gave birth to my daughter completely naturally, no meds, no snipping, no IV, no nothing (and in the central US in 1975 this was unheard of) because I HATE needles.  It's not just the idea.  When anyone pokes a vein on me, the vein (often, but not always) goes into spasm, and it burns like I'm on fire.  The worst part of it is that no one believes me, they think I'm just fussing.  I've got tears running down my face because they're holding my arm in a bonfire, and the nurses just "Tsk Tsk".  Hey - I CHOSE a natural birth over an IV!  That should say something! 

To make it worse, the veins in the crook of my arm are very hard to find.   

That's the meaning of the snake chasing me.  Long and thin, like an IV.  Sharp teeth to puncture me.  Poison to burn me inside.  The snake didn't hurt the cat because the cat doesn't seem to mind her immunizations.  

Quite simple, really.

No comments: