Saturday, October 30, 2004

#76 Nails

I never have to decide to cut my nails.  They just grow, and eventually one breaks, and then I trim them all to match.  For some reason, for the past three months or so, none broke, so they just kept growing, and growing. They stay fairly straight, they don't hook, so they're not inconvenient.

And then they got weirdly long.  I had a difficult decision.  To trim, or not to trim?  I was curious as to just how long they'd get.  Cold weather is coming, and when they get cold, they snap easily, so they wouldn't get too much longer.

The decision was made for me this morning.  I was popping some bubble wrap, and the left middle finger was inside the wrap, and I snapped the nail along with a bubble.   It had been just a hair shorter than the ring finger nail. 

I thought I'd memorialize the remainder before I cut them down.

No comments: