Thursday, January 13, 2005

#108 My Mug Shot

When I was in high school, my father was Commander of Benton AFB, on Red Rock Mountain.  We lived on the base.  In 1960 or '61 (age 15-16), I did some work for the Provost Marshall.  There were areas on the base that he needed pictures of, but they were high security areas, so cameras were not allowed.  I had some drawing skills, so I was sent in to draw the areas.  I got a top secret access badge, which usually requires an extensive background check - I guess my father being the commander shortened that a bit.  I was photographed and fingerprinted.  This is a copy of the mug shot.  It's a poor quality print, curling and flaking, but I thought it might be interesting. 

The dark line above my hair is the 5' mark.  I actually continued to grow another inch or two in college.  Also, no makeup here.  Once upon a time, my eyes were beautiful....

No comments: