Saturday, May 7, 2005

#199 [P] Friday - For Mother's Day

Mom and me

Four Generations

(Half the time, one or the other of these pictures doesn't load.  If you get the raspberry X, try again.  And don't scroll while it's loading - AOL doesn't like interruptions.)

The top picture is my mother and me (I just remembered - that spot in her mouth is braces!   Like Daughter, her eye teeth were crowded out, and she took advantage of the military dental plan). The lower one is Gramma, me, GreatGramma, and Mom.

Both photos were taken on the same day - one in a studio, the other in the back yard.   My father was off fighting WWII at the time, and GreatGramma was widowed, so they were all living together, with Grampa and my mother's baby brother Raymond (who was probably somewhere between 8 and 12 years old then). 

Nobody's over 4'10" tall.  Gramma got a lot shorter over time, but GreatGramma was the tallest, and stayed that way.  She never lost any height with age.

Note - I'm really tiny inside all those clothes, but look how chubby my legs are!  See?  It's fate, not fat!

No comments: