Thursday, May 12, 2005

#206 Back and Weather

The back is behaving. Finger pressing, not knuckle, just enough to remind me to stand and sit straight. 

The weather is not behaving.  Yesterday it was in the 80s.  Today it's the high 50s.  We have a frost warning for tonight.  Yesterday I started out the door in my bunny fur shrug, and had to go back in and change to sleeveless.  Today I started out sleeveless, and went back in for the shrug.  People are walking around in cotton sundresses under ski jackets.  The orchard people are worried - they figure they may have already lost 25% of the crop.

Earlier in the week, driving through the village, I had about decided that May was my favorite month.  All the fruit trees are in glorious bloom, and the other trees have those fresh bright light green leaves, and the temperatures are about perfect!  I may have to rethink that.  May can be awfully fickle.

Tomorrow I plan to go to Saratoga Springs to pick up some paperweights I won in an online Mark Lawson auction.  I've never been to the Saratoga area, so I want to wander around a little, so if I don't make an entry here and I'm not home in the evening, don't worry.

No comments: