Thursday, May 26, 2005

#218 [P] Benton in the Twilight Zone, HS Photo

It just occurred to me that Sunday, when I drove through Benton, and I thought it looked so pretty, I didn't see one single person anywhere on the streets.  The only other moving cars I saw were passing through.   I saw no cars moving on any of the side streets, as I wandered around searching out houses I or my friends had once lived in.  Now I'm wondering if I had passed through the Twilight Zone or something.

_______________________________________________

Since I'm in a nostalgic mood, I thought I'd include this photo from late 1961 or early 1962, taken in the Turnpike Area High School library.  That's Harriet on the top left and Deloris top right, Helen in the middle, me bottom left, and Catherine bottom right.  Helen and Deloris were my best friends from school.  Harriet I would have liked to have known better, but because I lived on the AF base, and her mother had some problems in that area, I couldn't be too friendly with her.  Catherine and I had some early friction, but then when we were both majorettes, we were thrown together more, and it got better.

Photo in the HS Library, '61-'62

No comments: