Thursday, August 4, 2005

#315 Buncha Phone Calls

I got more phone calls today than I normally get in a week - and I answered every one of them before the tape got it.  I'm so proud of myself.

Daughter called from a class she's taking in Manhattan, just to check in.  I worry about her riding the NYC subways.  Three and a half hour round trip commute on bus, train, and subway while she's taking this class, and the class is 10 hours a day!  I worry about her getting rundown from the long days and bad air and getting sick.  She's so tiny.  Quite capable of taking care of herself, she will remind me, but she's still my baby girl.

Bonnie from Pussyfoot Lodge called to verify Miss Thunderfoot's stay next week, and to set up a dropoff time.

Roman called to get directions for Saturday evening.  I told him that at that moment I was happily trying on the things I'd bought Tuesday but had left in the van until today.  I told him I was, right then, wearing a new black lacy fringy poncho that I absolutely love.  I didn't tell him that was all I was wearing.  Aren't you proud of my restraint?

The Pixie called to change our dinner from tonight to tomorrow night - schedule conflict.  We also moved the time up, which is nice 'cause that'll give me a chance to do a little shopping in New Paltz.  It's a college town, so the shops are fun, and I haven't been there during the day in years.

(There were at least two more calls, but I can't remember who or for what.  Stuff like online order verification and so on I think - nothing I have to remember.)

I've got to find a ratty old T-shirt to sleep in for the next few days.  Bonnie likes the kitty-parents to bring something they've worn or slept in for the cats to have for comfort while their people are away.  I know Thunder would like that.  I had a pile of Jay's old jeans in a corner, to eventually make a quilt of, and Thunder slept on the floor next to that pile for months after Jay died.  If I'd had a better nose, I probably would have, too.

Trying to get to bed early tonight.  For once.

~~Silk

No comments: