Friday, August 26, 2005

#328 It's All About Me

Just a reminder - this journal is all about me (nod to the gypsy who uses the same phrase more forcefully and to good effect in her own blog).  I don't comment on news events except as they directly affect me or spur internal musings.  I don't report on friends or family, but I will report on my own feelings about them (especially as events and my thoughts about them seem to be causing me to change).  I am tracking my own movement and growth.  Right now I am awakening from a long sleep, a long time of being totally involved in someone else to the point of self-negation, and perhaps I am tipping over the other way a bit.

This doesn't mean that all else is unimportant, or that I am totally self-involved.  I do pay attention to and worry about and get involved in things outside my house and my head.   There are people I've never met that I worry for, like the woman whose house flooded, or the lady in the middle of a hurricane right now, or the couple with failing liver and nonfunctioning kidneys who have shown such courage and optimism, or the friend who has walked into the middle of armed tension to fulfill an obligation of love. 

They have their support systems.  They don't need me to fuss over them.  I have me.  I need me.

This journal is all about me, and nothing else.  Its purpose is mainly to track my own movement and growth (or lack thereof).   So the journal is self-involved.  On purpose.  As I awaken, I am becoming more selfish, more possessive of my time and resources, and it shows.  

Which is why I don't mind if no one reads this.

~~Silk

No comments: