Tuesday, August 9, 2005

#323 Passing Through Philadelphia

We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads.
So I'm just really intelligent and my head can't store all that information, so it has to be
stored other places.

That's my story and I’m sticking to it.

                                 ========================

In John Scalzi's entry
about his return from Scotland, he has some not nice things to say about the Philadelphia airport.

Returning from New Orleans, I wasn't too happy in Philadelphia, either.  I went to the gate number printed on my boarding pass for my connecting flight.  The board over the gate had a different flight number on it, but that didn't worry me because there was a 50-minute wait for my flight.    Eventually most of the people in the gate area boarded a plane and left. 

Then another fight number was put up.  Not mine.  15 minutes before my flight was supposed to depart,  my flight number was still not up.  So I went to the desk and asked about my flight.  The clerk clicked at her terminal a bit, and said "Oh, that flight has been delayed.  The new departure time is xx."  I sat back down.   Eventually most of the people in the gate area boarded a plane and left. 

Then there were no flight numbers at the gate.  The attendants left.  20 minutes before my flight was supposed to depart, my flight number was still not up at this gate, and there was no one from the airlines around.  A dead gate.  So I went to the next gate down and asked about my flight.  The clerk clicked at her terminal a bit, and said "Oh, that flight has been moved to gate zz."   I went back and announced it to the people still waiting at the old gate. 

Wouldn't it have been nice if someone had told us officially?

And yes, I saw a mouse, too.

~~Silk

Link in this entry:  http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway/entries/4558

No comments: