Thursday, August 25, 2005

#327 Jump Start

I took "Roman" to the airport today.  He's going to "a Mediterranean country" (not Italy, despite the nickname I have assigned him) to visit family.   I waited with him at the terminal until he went through security (twice - he had to come back to give me a pen knife he had in a pocket, then do it all over again).  It was nice.  We seem to fit together well.  It felt good when he put his arm around me.  He's furry.  I like furry.  And his eyes smile before his mouth.  That's nice, too.

It's interesting that he should "tap me on the shoulder" at the precise moment when I was finally ready to be tapped.   Because I've known, liked, admired, and trusted  him for many years already, it's not so difficult, frightening?, to respond.  I don't feel like I have to defend myself.  I feel safe - even if it doesn't work out, I know he won't hurt me.

Speaking of responding, I surprised myself.  I'm like 10 years past menopause, and I stopped taking replacement hormones three years ago.  I've noticed a definite degradation of skin tone since I stopped the hormones, and I'd heard of other dire consequences.  I was afraid that stopping the hormones would rust the motor, so to speak, drain the gas tank.  I am pleased to report that the motor will not only start with a kiss, it actually revs!  Smoothly!

I'm looking forward to picking him up on his return next Thursday.  I'm hoping for a hello kiss that will melt my knees.

~~Silk

No comments: