Friday, August 5, 2005

#316 Dear Diary

Dear Diary,
     I am so sad tonight.  None of the other kids like me.  Nobody wants to play with me.  Nobody wants to share my toys.  I took a lollipop at the bank today because I thought it was grape.  It wasn't.  It was just in a purple wrapper.  A lot of icky stuff seems to be in purple wrappers these days.  I'm leaving on an alumni cruise next week, and no one from my class is going.  I don't know any of the names on the passenger list.  One day I threw a party, and nobody came.  I feel like Mommy has grounded me.  Unfairly.
      Sniff.

                      ***********************************************************

Went to dinner with The Pixie and her fiance this evening.  It was nice to see them again, a good evening.

They had gone to last year's version of the show that I'm so looking forward to tomorrow evening.  I asked how early I should plan on arriving, and ... oh, dear ....

Last Tuesday, I had located the studio where it's to be held, and peered in the windows.  The place looked tiny, about the size of my kitchen and dining area.  The front third was filled with a bar setup.  In the back two-thirds there were a few of those tiny bistro tables.  The back wall seemed to have a black backdrop, so I naively assumed there must be perhaps a raised stage behind that scrim.

Nope.

What I saw is all there is.

The dancers will perform at floor level.  In an area about the size of a placemat.  If they get any kind of crowd at all, everyone will be standing.  I am short.  So's The Pixie.  She said last year they couldn't get in much past the doorway, and she couldn't see anything at all.  It may be worse this year because of the advertising.  I know May and NJ won't stay if it's that crowded, even if I can get them that far to start with.

You'd think when the view is so limited, they'd ask everyone to please sit on the floor.

I am very unhappy.  I am very very unhappy.  I am very very very unhappy.

And to top it off, when I got home, there were two messages on my phone that removed any chance of any consolation  prizes if I can't see the show.

I'm considering unplugging the tape and never answering the phone either!  Dang things!

Mother is not happy.  Maybe I'll ground the cat just for spite.

I think I'll go to a County Fair on Sunday.  That might happy me up.  I'll fluff my hair and wear something sexy and flirt with the carnies.  Or the goats.  But not the old goats.

Sniff.  

~~Silk

No comments: