Sunday, August 28, 2005

#332 Comments

This is an experiment.  After many requests, I have turned comments back on, but I prefer that you comment only when you absolutely can't resist, ok?  Emailed responses are still preferred. 

If I have to spend any time deleting comments that divulge too much personal information (by now, you will have noticed that I don't use real names, I don't specifically name "The Company", and so on - please maintain the fiction), if comments become a bother, I will be forced to turn them off again.  This is not a forum for geographically scattered prior coworker cross-talk. 

Too many "Sheesh, what an idiot!"s will turn me off.  If you comment, make sure you are commenting on a point I made, not a conclusion your mind jumped to.  Read carefully and think before leaping.  My viewpoint is likely very different from yours, as yours is different from mine, and we both have a right to our own.

Sugar overload will turn me off.  I am not doing this for approval or pats on the back.  I am not looking for friends or support.

I still prefer that you don't leave comments, but I'm getting tired of defending that position.   The alternative is going private, which has its own form of maintenance pain, especially when invited readers are mostly non-AOL, plus you can never go back to public again.  I'd be enduring that annoyance for the benefit of comments, and considering that this whole thing is for me only, that's especially annoying.

Ok, have I discouraged you enough?  The comment function is back.  Please use it wisely.

~~Silk

No comments: