Thursday, November 3, 2005

#424 Spanking Works!


I was setting up a canvas and cedar wardrobe in the basement today for my fluffier coats, that won't fit in the tiny coat closet upstairs, and I was a little concerned because it seemed a bit dampish down there.  There's a dehumidifier, but it wasn't running.  I turned it up the "dryer" end of the dial, and it still didn't start.  Up to "constant", and still nothing.  Eeeek!  I've got several thousand dollars worth of fabric and trims down there, not to mention the coats I'm about to store.  This is not good.  "Musty" is not good.

I checked all the plugs and the circuit breaker, and everything looked right.  It wasn't a full pan because it's connected to a drain in the floor.  I decided I was going to have to buy a new dehumidifier tomorrow.

I went back to putting the wardrobe together, and at one point I set the hammer down on a stack of boxes.  The top box shifted, and the hammer fell on the dehumidifier.

It started right up.

I guess those people who pound on appliances when they're balky know a thing or two.

~~Silk

No comments: