Saturday, November 12, 2005

#435 Disappearing Saturday


Here it is Sunday already, and I haven't the faintest idea where Saturday went.

After finally falling asleep at about 4 am, I got up at 9 Saturday morning to go to the recycle center.  I unloaded some storage containers from the van, and then filled the body of the van with cut-up cardboard, plastic-glass-foil mix, some basement paper, and one of my four vacuum cleaners.

Explanation for four vacuum cleaners:  The one I took to recycle is a huge heavy upright Hoover.  Cleans well, very powerful, but it had come with Jay, and it's just too big and heavy for me, and won't fit under the furniture.  I dislike uprights anyway, because you have to move the whole danged thing when you use it.  Cleaner number 2 is a good and expensive canister, but the power head choked on oriental fringe one day and burned out.  When I couldn't get it fixed real quick, I bought a small cheap canister to use until I could get the good one fixed.  That was back when we had two dogs and a long-hair cat, and we couldn't possibly go a month without vacuuming.  Then I finally got mad at not being able to easily find bags (or remember which bags to buy), so last fall I bought a bagless vacuum.  I LOVE it!

The recycle center has set up a building where you can take books and almost any kind of household stuff and anybody can take away anything they want.  I've found some wonderful books there, and I've gotten rid of television sets, Christmas trees, knick-knacks, and packing materials.  Local Bard college students furnish their digs from that building.  (They won't accept the recliner.  Too big and too hard to dispose of if no one takes it.)

And that's the last thing I remember until Ballykissangel came on and I watched the Saturday PBS Brit-com lineup.

I don't have the faintest idea where the rest of the day went.

Tomorrow (Sunday) - wine tasting at a valley winery, with Mensa, followed by pizza. (??)  If I get up in time.

~~Silk

No comments: