Wednesday, November 16, 2005

440 New Journal


Well, I am moving to
http://TheSilkenTouch.blogspot.com. Maybe temporarily, maybe permanently. We'll see.

I'm NOT moving because of the ads AOL has decided to burden us with. I don't like them, but I could stand them. I'm experimenting with moving because in the 250+ emails I got yesterday and today about the AOL community's furor over the ads, a lot of people said interesting things about other blog hosts, so I looked at a few, and I liked what I saw.

Blogspot doesn't have some of the stuff AOL Journals has, like alerts for readers, but it's got other stuff like much easier editing, and you can preview and accept or reject comments from other people BEFORE they are posted in your blog.

The user interface is awkward at first - like I didn't know I had to log into
www.blogger.com to update the blog at blogspot, and I went around in a lot of circles before I found out how to edit certain sections - but if you play with it for a while, it all starts to hang together and make sense.

And it's free.

So until I say otherwise, that's where I am now.

Come on over to
http://TheSilkenTouch.blogspot.com, and check out my new format.

~~Silk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're going, gone. For me moats
don't serve at all. My public ambling gets me
in trouble, plenty, but since teens I've been
moved by "...I am involved in Mankind."
What's the first part? You know a lot. I just
can't or won't look things up. Mingling
appeals to me, 'The common touch' et al.
I keep thinking those already gone will come back,
but instead they disappear altogether.
Take a parachute, please. Thanks for plenty.

Barry

Anonymous said...

>Blogspot doesn't have some of the stuff AOL Journals has, like alerts for readers, but it's got other stuff like much easier editing, and you can preview and accept or reject comments from other people BEFORE they are posted in your blog.

A bit like agreeing to get married provided
you can see a video of the Honeymoon first, ha!

Barry