Sunday, November 6, 2005

#427 May

I haven't eaten anything yet today, other than six ounces of yogurt.  I don't really feel like eating, but felt I should.  The refrigerator is full of doggie bags again, so I reached in and grabbed the closest, which happened to be the steak from last night.  One look made me feel even less like eating.  Blah.  I don't eat when I'm happy, and I don't eat when I'm unhappy.  With the roller coaster I've been on lately, it's no damn wonder I'm losing weight.

So I called May instead.  I've been neglecting her.  Last I knew, her cousin was staying with her while undergoing cancer treatment at Sloan-Kettering, so knowing that she had company, I didn't call as often as I thought of her. 

Turns out the cousin stayed only a few days, then went back home for treatment.  Agh.  I feel like such a bad friend.

We talked for about two hours.  She sounded pretty good, and she didn't seem to notice that I'd been remiss.  Two hours is about average for a phone conversation with her, but she usually tells the same (The Company) stories every call.  Tonight was all new, and very enjoyable.  We talked about cancer treatments, doctors, medical insurance, social security and medicare, class action suits and lawyers, charitable trusts, taxes, and investments.  All new topics.  

I'll have to contact NJKC and see if we can find time for the three of us to have dinner some evening.

Correction.  Some weekend.  My weekends are always free.  Probably even more free now.

Snort!

Going from sad to angry is probably a good sign.

~~Silk

No comments: