Wednesday, November 16, 2005

#439 This Journal Will Be Moving

Since AOL has added advertising to our journals, I am considering joining throngs of other AOLers in moving to another host. I have begun a new journal at http://TheSilkenTouch.blogspot.com. There's nothing much there yet, and I plan to explore a few more options, but I thought I'd let you know, I'm packing up.

Dinner last night with a friend. Mixed reviews. He had lemon chicken, and it was so lemony it literally took his breath away, in the not-good sense. Both of us had partially cooked pasta, too chewy. On the other hand, my chicken S-something-or-other (a chicken Cordon-Bleu in a wonderful mushroom cream sauce) was delicious.

He's one of the few men I've known who will actually complain when a restaurant meal isn't up to par. He was obviously annoyed and would have sent the pasta back except that it took 45 minutes to arrive, which is exactly what he said to the waitress.

I'm not sure what I think of that. On the one hand I admire his assertiveness. On the other hand, it frightens me a little. So far I've been able to get away with annoying him occasionally (I hope it's occasional), but how much can I get away with before he tells me my pasta is tough?

I think that his frightening me a little is part of the attraction. Passing my fingers through the flame, maybe.

~~Silk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SORRY TO SEE YOU GO SILK. I WILL LOOK FOR YOU ON THE OTHER SITE. ROBERTA