Sunday, November 13, 2005

#436 Patrick's Saturday Six - Episode 83


The famous Saturday Six, from Patrick at "Patrick's Place",
http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/entries/1341.

1. You are invited to spend a night, alone, in a large house that is believed to be haunted.  A close friend of yours whom you trust tells you of his or her own experience, and you have sufficient reason to believe that there may be a genuine haunting going on there.  Without promise of any kind of reward for staying the night, would you agree to do so?  Yes.  If there are no ghosts, it would be interesting.  If there are ghosts it would be interesting. 

2. What do you most enjoy about your job?  Being retired.   

3. Who was the last person you had a conversation with?  What was the main topic of the conversation?  Well, in the past few hours I've talked with the deli lady about how good the bacon smelled, and a telephone discussion with my gutter man about his coming to clean the gutters today, but I don't consider those real conversations.  The last real conversation would have been with Roman about what's going on in his life and how it affects us.

4. Take this
quiz:   What kind of "smart" are you?  All-around.  Big deal.

5. What was the last food that you totally ruined -- to the point that it was inedible -- when trying to cook?  Oh, come on.  I ruin everything that requires mixing ingredients or more than a little heating.  Restaurants and doggie bags are how I "cook".  Mostly I eat yogurt, raw vegetables, and fruit.  Monkey diet.

6. STRANGELY-OBSCURE QUESTION #1:  If you had to do over again, would you change anything?  If I could do it over knowing what I know now, I would not have been coerced into marriage #1, I'd have waited for Obie, I'd have stayed in teaching rather than joining The Company back in 1968, I'd have flirted with a certain person at my last job (I didn't know what he had to offer), I'd have forced my baby sister into rehab, stuff like that.  But then I wouldn't have had Jay or Daughter.  So many possible branches on the tree, each with its own pros and cons.  Mainly I wish I could say that at every juncture I did the best I could.  Unfortunately, I didn't always.  I guess that's the big thing I'd change - I wish I had followed my own heart and mind more.

PS - Back to #3 - My gutters are getting cleaned right now, and I had a nice conversation with him about cruises.  He's a talker.  I showed him my pictures from the Hawaiian cruise, and he helped me locate the site for the wine tasting this afternoon.  When he's finished with the gutters, I'm going to ask him to help me get the African screen out of the van.  That would be such a relief!  He also cleans vinyl siding, and knows a good roofer, so we're lining up next spring's projects.

~~Silk

No comments: