Thursday, February 3, 2005

#131 Booster Seat

Just about to turn the computer and TV off and go to bed, when the "don't treat your child like a crash test dummy" public service commercial came on.  The one where they say that anyone under 4' 9" should be in a booster seat in the car. 

My grandmother was well under 4' 9".  My mother may have made it to 4' 9" right after washing her hair.  I didn't get past 4' 9" until after college.   I find that ad very annoying.

__________________________

This reminds me of the time I was filling out the forms for a driver's license, and where it asked for height, I put 58", as in fifty-eight inches, as in four foot ten inches.  When the license arrived, it said 5' 8".  They laughed at me at the DMV when I pointed out that if a cop or bartender ever looked at it, they wouldn't believe it was me (no pictures on them in those days).

No comments: