Monday, February 7, 2005

#137 (P) Chinese Guy Went NARU!

The Chinese guy from entry #132 suddenly went NARU yesterday evening.  In eBay-ese, this means he is "not a registered user".  So I guess it's lucky that I wasn't able to pay him.  The last time a seller went NARU on me (in the US, not China), I had already paid, I never heard from him again, and I was unable to obtain contact information for him.  I lost my money. 

I'm very unhappy about this because I really love the necklace:

Photo of Miao ChapletIt's silver, and much wider and more detailed than any other Miao chaplet I've seen.  I'm very sorry to lose it. 

In all my interactions with about 800 sellers all over the world, I have had the least trouble with sellers in China and India.  Even though when I use BidPay.com with them I have absolutely no recourse if they decide not to deliver, they have always not only delivered quickly, but if there was a mistake of any kind, they ship another item at no cost to me, and do not require return of the first item.

I went to eBay's Answer Center, where other more experienced users can answer questions, and I asked if I was still obligated to pay (my winning bid having constituted a contract), and what they would advise me to do, given that the seller has been very responsive to my questions.  I was offended when one responder accused me of letting  "your greed over rule [sic] your brain".

If anything, it's hope, faith in humanity, and good past relations with Chinese sellers that I'm weighing, not greed.

No comments: