Sunday, October 2, 2005

#386 Saturday Crafts & Sunday Blahs


Wow!  I somehow missed the Saturday entry.  Daughter, howcum the EMTs aren't here?  On the other hand, Hercules checked in by phone on his way to Nana's, so I guess that's almost the same thing.

I went to the Rhinebeck Craft Fair yesterday.  The wares at those fairs are getting more and more manufactured looking (even though I'm sure they are handmade) and more and more expensive - although I did overhear a woman from NYC complaining to one of the ($1,000+ jewelry) vendors that "... so much of what's here is so amateur looking it's almost not worth the trip up here...."  I didn't think so. 

I am proud that for the first time ever, I didn't buy any jewelry.  I did buy a birthday gift for Daughter, and some solid perfume, and three clumps of wrought-iron cattails for the front yard.  And I seem to remember a small white bag, but durn if I can remember what was in it.  Ahah!  I remember!  A glass paperweight.

Today I walked a few miles and threw out some paper.  And that's pretty much it.

*******  As I was writing this, Daughter called.  I AM cared for!
  
~~Silk

No comments: