Wednesday, October 26, 2005

#413 Dinner With Mensa


Dinner last night at Dickens, in Poughkeepsie.  Odd, but ever since I have someone special there to welcome me, to smile at me, I've been enjoying the Mensa dinners and the people much more.  It's very strange.  Maybe it's because with a "protector" beside me I'm more open, or maybe that people are so amused/intrigued/pleased/surprised by seeing us together (he's well liked in the group) that ... that what?  I don't know.  I just feel a lot less guardedness somehow, both coming from me and coming toward me.  It all seems so much more relaxed.   

The Hippie was there last night.  Haven't seen him in ages.  I adore him.  He's such a gentle soul, but there's so much darkness there, too.  I wonder if he still works at the dynamite factory?  I didn't ask.  I should have.  I've lost track of him lately.  I'm losing track of a lot of people.  I should fix that.

~~Silk

No comments: