Monday, October 3, 2005

#387 Monday, Sexy Shoes

 

Let's see - what did I do today?

I got a call from Piper re investments.  He pretty much repeated some stuff he'd said before, then suggested lunch "sometime" to go over some stuff.  Ok.  You can't date your doctor.  Can you date your financial advisor?  Oops - not a date.  Business. 
 
I went for a walk, again a couple of miles.  I've got a particular circle I like that's very safe to walk alone, mostly pretty flat, with a shortcut across the middle, nice things to look at, and a deli to get something to drink at the start/end point.  One full circuit is 1.7 miles, one plus another with the shortcut is a little over 2.5, and two full is 3.4.  How much I do depends on the time, weather, and how my hips feel.

I was striding along today and was looking at some cattails on the side of the road and stepped right on a snake.  I did some really fast stepping then!  Turned out it was a rubber snake - it had "made in China" on its belly - but I was more careful after that.

Then a friend called.  I don't know how long we talked, maybe an hour or so, maybe more, didn't look at a clock, it didn't feel like that long, but I was feeling a little down and there were a lot of long silences, I think I was waiting for him to say something he wasn't saying, and that might be a problem, I'm feeling pretty down about the whole thing, but anyhow....

I mentioned to him that I am being overrun by shoes.  When I counted them for a journal entry a while back there were something like 104, or 114, don't remember.  After Hawaii there are three more.  107.  117?  Maybe more.  Many are ancient.  Many have been repaired so many times they're half Shoe Goop.  Many hurt my feet.  I still have all the high heels I wore when I was working, and after I retired a decade ago I decided I would never wear high heels again!, so they haven't been worn or even looked at in years.

So I decided to clean them out, tonight.  My walk circuit goes right past a Goodwill drop bin, so I could just take a load of those that are still decent and drop them off on my walk tomorrow.

I'm making three piles in the closet.  Keep, Donate, and Trash.  So far, most of the shoes are in the Keep pile.  Man, I've got some gorgeous sexy shoes!  And they still fit!  I'm sitting here right now in a pair of tan and bronze Brazilian-made tooled leather ankle-strapped 4-inch stacked wooden spike heels, and I'd forgotten how sexy they look and feel!  Four inches, by the way, is as high as I can wear, because my foot is so small.  Four inches on me is like six inches on a larger foot.

Um.  I'm gonna have to start wearing all these shoes again.  Too bad I can't walk far in them.   They make my behind stick out and sway ... um ... interestingly. 

So much for my short-term I-ain't-gonna-suffer-for-sexy-no-more rebellion.

~~Silk

No comments: