Tuesday, October 4, 2005

#388 Tuesday

 

I tried on about 40 pairs of shoes last night, and the discard pile is now about 26 pairs.  So far so good.  I'll get through the rest tonight.

First thing this morning I showered and washed my hair (which I had cut last night to just past shoulder length), and while I was naked in the kitchen drying my hair there was a knock at the door.  There's only one person who knocks, instead of using the doorbell.  I opened the door just an inch and leaned around and peeked through the crack with one eye, and said to wait a minute, I'd be right back, and I put a robe on and stepped out to talk with him.  I showed him the African screen (which is STILL in the van) and told him about the auction coming up.  He's interested in cars, and there's a Rolls and some other neat stuff this Saturday, and he often says he'd like to go to an auction with me, but, of course, he can't this weekend.  Bleck.  All these people who say they'd like to attend an auction with me, but nobody ever does.  And it's not like I ask - they volunteer the idea.

Anyway, chat chat natter natter, and just as he's about to leave, he says "By the way, do you run around the house naked every morning?" 

One of these days he's gonna get jumped.  I don't care if he IS look-but-don't-touch.  (Hey, the robe is double thick terry, and floor length.  It's not like I flashed him or anything.)  I know I amuse him, and I suspect he flirts mildly because he knows I think he's gorgeous and he enjoys my reaction. 

Then I drove into the village to get a burn permit, and decided on impulse to take my walk in the village.  It was a beautiful day.  My circle in the village is 2.2 miles, with 1.8 and 1.2 mile shortcut options, which makes some good combinations.  Piper had said that when I walk in the village I should stop by his office and he will walk with me, so I stopped to see if he was in. 

The office was unlocked and open, but there was no one there.  I waited a few minutes, then started out.  Shortly after passing the flooring store on 199, I heard someone calling me, and it was Piper, running down the sidewalk after me.  The flooring store is one of his clients, and he had seen me through the window.  Next time, we'll walk. 

He's going to Manhattan on Thursday, taking my portfolio along (sheesh!), and then having dinner with some Wall Street folks.  He has said before that he'd like to take me on one of those trips, introduce me to some helpful and influential people.  If I had shown any interest at all this afternoon....   Sigh.  You know, if I knew for sure what was going on in his head, it would make things a lot easier.

I'm supposed to get a call today (I thought perhaps this afternoon, but here it is evening already) from someone else to set a time for us to get together this week, too, and I didn't want to give away Thursday 'cause I'd really rather be with the someone else - I really hate this.  If I knew for sure what was going on in his head, too, it would make things a lot easier.

I walked only the 1.2 mile piece.  I had foolishly worn the wrong shoes to be taking an impulsive walk.  I'll just have to make it up tomorrow.

~~Silk

No comments: