Tuesday, October 18, 2005

#405 Photos and an Invitation or Two


I dropped off five disposable cameras at the CVS this afternoon, containing photos from New Orleans (pre-Katrina), Hawaii, Daughter's party this past weekend, and Rakkasah.  Naturally, after I got home from CVS, I found the sixth camera. 

The clerk asked me if I wanted "1-hour" or "overnight" processing.  I asked for overnight, since I didn't intend to return before tomorrow, and she told me they'd be ready Friday afternoon.  Today is Tuesday.  That's three days.  So I asked for one hour, but I wouldn't be able to pick them up until tomorrow.  She said that's ok, because they wouldn't be ready until tomorrow about 4 pm.  That's 26 hours.  Duh?  That's not how I define "1-hour" and "overnight"!

I was also surprised that the 26-hour "1-hour" processing is cheaper than the three-day "overnight".

The Pixie and the DarkPrince are getting married November 19.  The Gypsy is in the wedding party.  I received an email invitation - the paper invitation is in the mail.  That's going to be a fun wedding.  I'm happy for them.  She said that she had to wait to find out how many family were or were not coming before she could invite the people she really wanted there, so that's why it's so late.  I don't mind.

Piper called today.  He's got some more numbers to go over with me, and wants to do it over lunch or preferably dinner.  In a fit of pique (at someone else, not him) I said ok.  He'll call next Monday or Tuesday to set the time and place.  This could get interesting.

Now I'm off to throw some more junk out the back door.
 
~~Silk

No comments: