Thursday, October 13, 2005

#401 Feelin' Better


I got the windshield wiper fixed.  Turns out it was pretty simple. 

It's still raining (seven days straight now, and the three day forecast is still showing rain), so I set out for the Chrysler dealership with the right wiper raised and waving in the air, like a conductor's baton.  Naturally, it slammed back down the first time I got some speed on, but luckily it didn't scratch.

The service guy just tightened the ... nut?  bolt?  whatever ... at the base of the wipers, where they attached to the body, and that fixed it.  He also replaced the broken wiper, so I'm all set.  Tightening the dohickeys also fixed the other problem I had, which was that the intermittent setting was, uh, intermittent.  Now that works just fine, too.

Went to the bank and got the cash I'll need for the weekend (raided the money market account), and to the deli for a BLT for lunch.  They make a really good BLT, like they've got to get rid of a load of bacon and mayo before the revenuers catch them.

Lots of stuff to do yet.  I have to do some laundry and maybe some hemming if I want to wear anything decent this weekend, and I want to clear out some more from the basement to make room for all the good stuff I packed up from upstairs - don't want to lose the momentum I'd gained earlier in the week.  And I have accepted a dinner invitation, which I hope won't take up too much of the evening, but I expect to be working late in the basement.  Suddenly I have all kinds of energy!

I want to whip the house into shape for company.  I'm ready for company, finally.  The house isn't. 

~~Silk

No comments: