Saturday, October 8, 2005

#393 Wallace & Gromit


Saw a movie, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, last night, and enjoyed it thoroughly.  Luckily, I was with a friend who is very fast at catching puns and obscure (and some not so obscure) cultural references, which were salted through the movie.  Otherwise I'd have had to see it twice to notice them.  It works on both a child's and an adult's level (me being the child and he the adult?)   

Remember when the main feature was always preceded by a cartoon?  This one was, and a good one, starring the street-tough spy penguins from
Madagascar.  I hope to see them again.  They're cool.  And again, my friend alerted me to the subtle parts, like a Midnight Cowboy moment when a penguin was crossing a street.

~~Silk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a delight when watching a movie to note you're the only ones laughing at some obscure, casual "throw away" lines?  In an otherwise serious movie someone comes in from the cold and says, "Wow, bring in the brass monkies", and we crack up.
  I will be sure to see Wallace & Gromit in their new movie. Their adventure seeking the right cheese won me over, years ago.