Thursday, June 2, 2005

#231 Pussyfoot Lodge

Barring anything drastic, Miss Thunderfoot will be staying at Pussyfoot Lodge while I'm away.  I started to panic because I couldn't find Pussyfoot in the local phone book.  I was afraid the owner had moved away or something.  But I found it on the internet, and called, and she's still there and still keeping beasties.  Yea!

I like the lodge because the cats have their own rooms, not cages.  Each room (about the size of a walk-in closet) has a sleeping shelf, some levels to climb up, a cozy chair, and a window the cat can look out of.  The lady who keeps it spreads bird seed outside the windows to ensure the cats are amused, and she pets them at least twice a day.   She asks that we bring something we've worn to put on the chair.  

Over the years, I've noticed that my cats calm down as soon as we walk into the house on their second visit - so I guess they like the place, too.

Things are falling into place.

~~ Silk

No comments: