Sunday, June 19, 2005

#262 Goin' Commando

What's with "going commando" all of a sudden?  I'm shocked and confused.  If I were a man, I guarantee I'd rather have nice soft smooth cotton or silk next to delicate skin than a rough denim seam, or a zipper.  Aren't they afraid they might desensitize things best kept ticklish?  Or get droopy when they get older, like a woman who never wore a bra?

I can better understand women's doing it - air flow and all that - although having not had a yeast infection in 30-plus years it's a theoretical understanding.  Also, having tried thongs once or twice, I can understand preferring nothing to that annoyance (as if it's really that important to avoid a panty line, when it's apparently ok to expose bra straps and to wear slips as dresses or strapless bras as tops.  Harrumph!  (I digress....)) 

Ok.  So I sort of understand for younger women.  But I was shocked to discover that two of my friends, both slightly older than I, also wear no underpants!  "But," I said, " what do you stick the Poise pads to?!"  One of them actually dropped her jeans ("Ta-dah!") to prove it.  I guess she'd had a bit too much gin to realize that her t-shirt went to her mid-thighs, so she actually proved nothing, but the intent was sufficient.

My remark about the Poise pads proved prophetic.  The dropped-jeans lady recently bought underpants for the first time in 20 years.  She wasn't sure of the size, and the ones she bought were way too small.  She asked me if I would like them.  Snort!  No way they'd fit me!  A big bust requires a big counterweight, and I am nothing if not well balanced.

Two weeks ago I bought and opened a bottle of strawberry flavored wine, out of curiosity.  I thought I'd have like a half a glass every evening - good for the heart and all that.  It mostly got forgotten.  Even with the special keeper cork, it's getting funny, so I decided to finish it off this afternoon.

Is it showing?

~~ Silk

No comments: