Friday, September 2, 2005

#338 Weak in the Knees...

...but not in the head.

Well, I picked up Roman at the airport this afternoon (Thursday... yeah, it's late), and yeah, he melted my knees a few times. 

With a 12ish hour flight arriving just after 4 pm New York time, the wait at the airport for rush hour to dissipate, the drive home, and a stop for gas and dinner, it was a very long day for him, but he didn't show it.  I think I was more tired than he. 

Which is what I will blame for my getting into the "what do you want" discussion perhaps a bit too soon.  On the other hand, maybe it was the right time.  I don't like to play games or lead anyone on, or be lead on, and I wasn't too far into it to be hurt by wrong answers.

He wants casual.
I don't do casual.
This is good to know.
He is playing the field (which is completely understandable - wild oats and all that).***
I don't play.  I also refuse to compete for time or affection.  I value me.
This is good to know.
He likes me a lot, he says.
I like him a lot.  He's easy to talk with.
I'd hate to put him into a position where he feels he has to lie to me.

So I can hope we'll stay friends - I can be very philosophical about stuff like this and I like the way he smiles - but I prefer to back off from the knee weakening stuff for now.  I just don't want to get into all that angst.  Whatever is to be, will be.  And if it isn't, it won't, and that's fine too.  What I have taken away from this is that I'm finally ready for the right person under the right conditions, and right now it isn't him, and that's a good thing to know.

I wasn't entirely a good girl.  I left him with some things to think about, which things also made darn sure that I'll now be able to be more careful with my knees around him.  Curiosity killed the cat, you know....
~~Silk

*** Playing the field understandable? As in "What man would be satisfied with one woman when he can have two or three or more?"  I can answer that question.  The man who has ME!  (Giggle)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>*** Playing the field understandable? As in "What man would be satisfied with one woman when he can have two or three or more?"  I can answer that question.  The man who has ME!  (Giggle) <

Speaking for myself only, he could be recovering from
some entanglement or other, something he feels so
far it wouldn't be right to mention. Again, speaking for myself,
"playing the field" is not a romantic, or even interesting
activity. I never did it. Maybe it's okay in extreme youth,
but adult men don't "play the field." The primary reason, IMO,
is that with one good woman, there is possible infinite
variety. (As you seem to suggest, if I may be so bold.)

Barry