Tuesday, September 20, 2005

#371 All I have to look forward to ...


The only thing good about winter coming is that I will be able to wear fur.  Before you get all excited, my fox coats are secondhand.  I didn't create a market.  Think of it as respectful recycling.  Besides, they really are the warmest things going, and never too warm, and there isn't anything else on the market that can match that.  So there.

Reminds me of an incident in the grocery store several years ago.  I was standing in the checkout line wearing a fake fur jacket (and not even a very good one, at that), when the woman behind me got all huffy and was making noises about how anyone could ... well, you've heard the PETA drill.  Anyway I ignored her, and she just got louder.  So I turned around and said, even louder, "Look, Lady, a little respect here.  Twenty polyesters died to make this coat!"

All the people she'd been trying to whip into indignation laughed.

She didn't get it.  She glared at everyone who laughed, and shot daggers at me.  She probably thinks a polyester is something like a hamster.  She glared at me all the way out the door.

Oh, I almost forgot - she was wearing leather boots.  Way to really tick me off!
~~Silk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY SILK, IS A POLY-ESTER LIKE A NAGA-HYDE. I USED TO WEAR NAGA'S A LOT BUT STOPPED WHEN I CAME TO FLORIDA. TOO DAMN HOT HERE...!!!!!ROBERTA