Tuesday, September 6, 2005

#347 Sleepless Again

I went to bed early last night, about 11 pm.  I thought I was tired.  No go.  I was just falling asleep at about 5 am when the garbage truck came through (pickup delayed by a day for the holiday).  It's one of those trucks that mechanically picks up the container and dumps it, so it's incredibly noisy - whirring and thrumming and clanking all the way up and then down the street.  Wide awake again.

My eyes are dry, but I'm not tired now.  Good thing - lots of stuff to do today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like American Tribal Belly Dance.  I like it because it's danced by a group of  women for mainly women, not to titillate men.  I like the costumes.  I like the interaction between the women while they dance.  I like it because it includes all shapes and sizes and ages and stages of womanhood, including all stages of pregnancy.   It celebrates Woman, in all her manifestations.  Great photos at this site:
http://www.heavyhips.net/photopage.htm

Go.  Look. 


~~Silk

No comments: