Sunday, September 11, 2005

#356 Seven Things


There's a meme currently making the rounds of AOL Journals wherein you are to list, for example, seven things that you want to do before you die, seven things you can do, and so on.  Only one intrigued me - seven things that attract you to the opposite sex.

I thought about that for a long time.

My immediate response would have been the usual "tall, dark hair, dark eyes, even features, smoothly but not overly muscled, rather furry (LOVE fur peeking out of an open collar!), intelligent, etc."  Prime examples being Jay, Kaysar, "Tall Dark & Handsome I & II" in the village, and a few others.  I certainly do like to look at that.  But, something's off with it.   I like to look at The Hairless Hunk, but he's not tall, he's furless, and harder muscled than I usually like.  Indiana was blond and green-eyed.  My dear Obie had medium brown hair and blue eyes, and Guy was downright skinny, gold-brown hair and blue eyes, and most definitely not handsome, but I adored him.   And the guy who offered me the mistress contract was dark and handsome by any standards, but he was under 65" tall!

So why the variety in my choices of what "rings my chimes"?

Well, there's a difference between being attracted for looking, and being attracted for snuggling.  So let's throw out all the men I love to look at but have absolutely no desire whatsoever to touch (sorry Hunk, Kaysar, and TD&Hs, don't let the door hit you on the way out), and examine those I want/wanted to snuggle with.  What do they have in common?

My common criteria (limited to the meme's seven):
1. Gentle.
2. Eyes twinkle when he's amused, and he's often amused and amusing.
3. Touches me with reverence and respect.  (And the proper gratitude, darn it!)
4. Stronger, faster, and smarter than me.
5. Honest and open.
6. Sensitive to my moods.
7. And the only physical requirement - furry.  Proper snuggling requires fur.

Those seven are all pretty much non-negotiable.  Every man I've ever loved has had all seven in good measure. He may have been tall or short, light or dark, fat or skinny, whatever, but those seven are constants. 

An interesting exercise.

~~Silk

Link in this entry:
http://journals.aol.com/jaykolb/Moraine/entries/1357

No comments: