Thursday, September 22, 2005

#372 Wednesday (Yeah, well, I'm still on Wednesday time...)


Dinner at The Alamo in Rosendale with Mensa this evening.  Ten people at the table, and there was actual conversation.  I was very well behaved.  I didn't attack anyone (except for a little kneesies with my nearest neighbor, but he didn't seem to mind). 

The state business taxes were supposed to have been paid on the 20th, Tuesday.  There's no money due, but the forms still have to be filed anyway.  The Angel was supposed to take care of it for me, but I hadn't heard from him, so I stopped by his office the afternoon of the 20th to see if I had to sign anything, and "all was locked and barred".  I whistled a tune to the window ... oh, wait, wrong story ... I called and left a message, but haven't heard from him yet.  I'm getting worried.  There's a hefty fine for filing late, and if it hasn't been done I guess I'll pay the fine without complaint, because I really should have checked earlier.  I mean it's not like he didn't call me and leave a "call me back" message two weeks ago.  I just didn't realize the filing date was closing in.

Sigh.  Time to get organized.  I wonder if I can get this house whipped into shape by Friday?  I'd love to have company in....  Dreamer!

I mean, he's gonna start wondering just how bad a housekeeper I could possibly be.

Yeah, it's THAT bad! 

~~Silk

No comments: